These cookies are a favourite in the SCM office. Quick to make and so moreish!
Takes 5 minutes to make, and 10 minutes to bake.
- 300g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 275g self-raising flour
- 75g cocoa powder
- 300 chocolate of your choice (for chunks)
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200˚.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy, then beat in the egg.
- Sift and stir in the flour and cocoa powder bit by bit until fully combined.
- Break or bash up your chocolate into chunk sized pieces and stir into the mixture. Note: your mixture should now be pretty thick and have the consistency of wet dough. If you think it is too dry, add a splash of milk. If it’s too wet, try adding more flour.
- Grab a couple of baking trays and line them with greaseproof paper. If you don’t have any just grease the trays with a bit of butter
- Make your dough into balls and space evenly on your baking tray. Don’t put them too close together as they will spread out when cooking. Note: The size of the cookie is up to you and whether you fancy four MASSIVE ones or ten smaller ones!
- Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes (you might have to adjust this depending on your oven). They will still look squishy when they come out – this is fine and they should firm up as the cool down.
- Eat them, share them, and bask in the glory of being the bestest baker in town!